Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Updates

Stick and stones may break my bones, but not your words...

A weird introduction to my blog thus far..lol. I was just thinking about how my weeks have been. I am a darker shade of brown and I have found new friends. So far so good, you may think. But life, as usual, is full of bitter...and sweet experiences.

Bitter...why? Let's just say that I had the pleasure of encountering many shapes and forms of..erm...how to put it in a diplomatic way...should I say, "back-stabbing-glory-taking-green-eyed-gremlins"? Hahaha. Well, I am not sorry for my honesty but I am sorry for ever meeting such homo-sapiens. So, my advice to those who are in the same boat as I am...don't let them get to you. You are way better than them and never ever bring yourself down to their level cause then, you'll be no different from them. Strengthen your back bone, don't be spineless. But most of all, keep moving forward and don't spend even 1 second dwelling on what they think of you cause it is not worth it. [Making notes to self...lol]

Sweet...Aaaaah. My happy moments are in the form of a bunch of girls in a Netball Team that I recently had the pleasure of training. Who could ever thought that one can learn so many things from chirpy, sweet, nutsy girls. It's like they never run out of batteries...lol. I found my inner kid in me and enjoyed every second of Netball with them. They taught me to laugh at myself and never take life so seriously but enjoy every second of it! Thanks girls. You rawk my world!

And this part is especially for Amy Dangin...one of my closest friend and fellow mother. I read your blog. I almost cried...actually there were already tears forming in my eyes. Like you, I wasn't given any manual to tell me how to raise my son. For me, the love I have for him was the driving instinct that taught me how to nurture him and raise him. I made mistakes too my friend. Still making them. And sometimes I break down cause I am my worst critic. I tell myself I am doing a bad job. But you see, as much as I want to teach Aidan how to live in this world...he teaches me how to be a mother. Note that I don't say good or bad cause I believe mothers are mothers. And as far as I am concerned...I will continue to make mistakes. That is the only way, at least I believe, that I can teach Aidan how learn to be a human being by allowing him to see that I am not perfect...and I try to love him above all things. You are not alone Amy. XOXO

2 comments:

  1. And you made me cry in return... =')
    You're right, it's probably just me criticizing myself too much... Well, at least i know I'm not alone.. And I'm not a bad mother. =D

    I heart you linda... WE CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you too Amy...YES WE CAN!!!♥

    ReplyDelete